Thursday, October 29, 2009

Muesli

I have met a new friend, its name is Muesli! Its a really good food. I don't have a great deal of super healthy food to work with where I now live, and I wanted a healthful breakfast food. I researched Muesli a little bit, and embarked on my journey! I soaked oats in water overnight, and the next morning I added half of an apple diced up, cinnamon, and honey. It was quite good! For a couple of mornings I soaked the oats in apple cider we had on hand. Yummy. I also am now adding some vanilla flavoring. In my husband's Muesli this morning, I added a sliced banana instead of a half an apple. Thats the good thing about Muesli is that you can diversify and use what you have! Here is a basic recipe.

1cup rolled oats (soaked overnight, in water barely covering them in your breakfast bowl )
The next morning add to your bowl:
1/2 apple
1/4 tsp. vanilla flavoring
several dashes of cinnamon
1 tsp. honey.
Mix up and enjoy!

-Hannah

No comments: